Monday, October 4, 2010

October Update

I thought my first Jimmy Wiggle book was locked, loaded and ready to launch last year but it wasn't--not by a long shot. Last year was the first draft. This year, this fall to be more precise, has been both exhilirating and terrifying. In the second draft both story and the characters have grown to such a degree that the story has more depth. The characters are more intriguing. But it takes a tremendous amount of time--three hrs. a day.
When will it be done? The second complete draft will be done in December 2010--before the fat man gets in his red sled. After that, I will need to do a complete edit of the entire manuscript which could take up to six months.
At this stage it is not a matter simply of writing a book. I am trying to marshall what creative talent I have into one heroic book. Stay tuned. It will be worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment